(meteorobs) Visibility of upcoming night launch of Shuttle Discovery

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Tue Dec 5 09:15:18 EST 2006

Members of our Internet list may be interested in viewing the article that I
have
written for SPACE.com concerning visiblity of the upcoming night launch of
Discovery that is scheduled for Thursday evening:

http://space.com/scienceastronomy/061205_shuttle_spotting.html_

Based on my "visibility footprint" map, the best region to watch the
Shuttle's powered ascent to orbit is across the Carolinas, where both the
solid rocket
boosters and three-main engine burn (to MECO) should be visible.

-- joe rao