(meteorobs) Geminid Meteor shower Dec.10/11

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Mon Dec 11 07:25:02 EST 2006

Morning all:

 Looked for Geminids last night Dec.10/11 between 0200-0300 UT.
Sky was 95% clear some thin cirrus and I could see about 4.5
mag after 30 minutes. In all that time I saw NO Geminids :(
but to make up for it a -4 white sporadic left a 2 second trail
about 15 degres long from Orion towards M45. I lost it final
stage as it went behind the upper balcony overhang. Nice though.

 If clear tonight I will try another visual observation.

Clear skies
Michael Boschat
Halifax Center - Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
Astronomy page:  http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa063