(meteorobs) Quick Note on Dec 11/12 from Coweta, OK

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 13:54:10 EST 2006

I spent 1 1/2 hours from 4:30 UT to 6:00 UT scanning
clear 5.2 skies.  I won't be able to submit full
results until the end of this week but I estimate that
I saw about a dozen GEMs and a half-dozen or so
sporadics.  Action was spotty with rather long gaps in
time followed by 2 or 3 meteors within a minute or
two.  Best meteor was a yellow-blue -2 SPO that left a
3-second train.  Most of the GEMs were on the dim
side.

I hope some GEMs are left for Thu/Fri when I am back
in Oklahoma.  It is overcast and drab here in Ohio
right now.

Clear Skies,
Bill