(meteorobs) Nice Rates Wed.

prospector at znet.com prospector at znet.com
Fri Dec 15 08:02:51 EST 2006

After numerous showers that were clouded over or disapointing, the Geminids
were showing up with entertaining rates with clear skies in Southern
California, unfortunately flu prevented me from more than half an hour
observation Wed. night. I saw about 15 Gems. a friend claimed about nine
while talking outside for 20 minutes.

Two days before the Leonid max. I saw a ghostly Leonid. I understand that
many were dim but this was a full sized meteor, three or so degrees long
and about eight min. wide. I don't recall seeing such a dim normal sized
meteor.

                                     Dave English
                                 Oceanside, California