(meteorobs) Geminids

Wes Stone howard048 at centurytel.net
Fri Dec 15 19:52:54 EST 2006

I went to bed under pounding rain, but optimistically set my alarm for 2 am
on the morning of the 14th. I woke up just before 1:30 and there were some
stars visible out my window. It took a few minutes before I saw my first
Geminid. After I saw another, I did the necessary work of getting dressed
and went outside. I saw one faint Geminid, but the clear patch closed in
rapidly and I went inside. I watched a mostly (90-100%) covered sky until
2:30 and saw 3 more Geminids including a -6 fireball. Thursday evening
featured wind, more rain, and by Friday morning a couple of inches of snow.
So another Geminid peak passes...

--
Wes Stone
Chiloquin, OR