(meteorobs) Geminids From New Zealand.

Graham Palmer gramy at globe.net.nz
Sun Dec 17 07:13:29 EST 2006

Hi all. I was out aurora watching over the past few nights, and saw a good
number of meteors.
The first and best night was the 14th. I observed from about 0930 till 1400
UTC. During that period I must have seen about 700 meteors, many of them in
the south near Pavo at the anti-Geminid point. This would give an hourly
rate of just under 120, or about two per minute. It was a great show.

There were also about a dozen meteors from the radiant in Monoceros, and
20-30 sporadics.

The 15th was a much quieter night for the Geminids, with the hourly rate
dropping down to about 10.

Sorry the data wasn't taken with greater accuracy, but I was really there
for the auroras... (they were worth watching too!)

Graham Palmer
Hastings, New Zealand
06-8735138
021-2650487