(meteorobs) Re: Antihelion/Chi Orionids

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Mon Dec 18 00:43:21 EST 2006

Paul, Bruce, and All,

The Xi Orionids and the Antihelions are the same thing. If Mark wished to
keep the XOR's then these Antihelion meteors should have been included in
the XOR count. Hopefully this point will soon be moot as the IMO will
implement the Antihelions as a year-round shower in 2007, replacing the
Delta Cancrids, Virginids, Sagittarids, North Delta Aquarids, both Iota
Aquarid radiants, the Piscids, and finally the Xi Orionids. The Taurids will
remain intact as they and the Antihelions are inseparable. Since NAMN has
copied the IMO list in the past I assume they will in the future and will
include the Antihelions.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford