(meteorobs) Antihelion/Chi Orionids

meteors at comcast.net meteors at comcast.net
Mon Dec 18 13:09:23 EST 2006

Paul,

You are right Paul, and I am surprised this question hasn’t been asked before! I have not converted antihelion meteors to any shower designation during 2006 to keep the summaries tied to the IMO designations. That is also why I have not introduced the ANT designation into the summaries. Since they are summaries only and since the actual report goes to IMO, this does not cause any negative effects. In most cases, the number of meteors binned as sporadics have been very small. Beginning in 2007, I will record meteors as ANT since that is when the IMO is adopting the new designation.

Mark

From: pmartsching at mchsi.com