(meteorobs) Miscellaneous questions

prospector at znet.com prospector at znet.com
Fri Dec 22 06:35:18 EST 2006

Karl,

    NASA ADS archive may be a place for you to research. I was just reading
Harvard paper #315 by Fred Wipple (1947 or 1949) "Seasonal Variations In
the Density of the Upper Atmosphere" as measured using photos of meteors.
That paper may answer some of your questions. Read all about 1920 and
observations from around the world and their papers. It's like plowing a
field full of rocks, tough going to find what you need but it's the real
thing by those who wrote the books. There's a natural extinction of
magnitude of meteors when looking lower in the sky, especially very low.

                                   Dave English
                               Oceanside, California