(meteorobs) Miscellaneous questions

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Fri Dec 22 06:54:12 EST 2006

>From: "Karl Antier" <ka.antier at wanadoo.fr>
>

> Hi all !
>
> As the activity of the list might go down now, I just wondered about two
> or three things... If someone could help,
> thank you very much in advance !
>
> First, as Michel noticed for the Geminids, it also appears to me that
> Geminids were much brighter on the
> postmaximum night (14/15-12-2006), than the peak night (13/14-12-2006), as
> I shortly observed them in South-eastern
> France (Provence). Is it a specificity that has ever been noticed for that
> shower ?

CUT

> Clear skies to all for the Ursids !
> Karl

It's a real effect! The Geminids have more luminous meteors and expecially
bolids after the maximum but the problem it's that two days after
the number of Geminids it's near zero, the if somebody want to see
luminous Geminids or Geminid bolids it must observe between
the time peak until about 24 hours after, but we must remember
too that the numbers of Geminids fall very quick and the possibility
for to see a very luminous bolid are little (but not zero).
Clear skies.
Roberto Gorelli