(meteorobs) Observations Dec. 21/22 from Oregon

Wes Stone howard048 at centurytel.net
Fri Dec 22 12:35:10 EST 2006

I woke up to clear skies on Friday morning. By the time I got bundled up for
the cold (actually a rather moderate 18F), there were some patchy clouds but
luckily they moved on leaving just a little high haze to bring down the LM.
Meteor activity was OK and fairly steady, if a bit on the faint side with 26
meteors seen in 70 minutes Teff. Kind of reminded me of a late July
observing session, except a lot colder! The best meteor was a yellow -1
Ursid early in the session. Ursids were pleasantly active with 10 meteors.
Three Coma Berenicids also showed up.

This was only my second successful observing session near the Ursid peak, so
clear skies are definitely a rare treat here this time of year.

Observer: Wesley Stone (STOWE)
Location: Chiloquin, OR (42d 35m N, 121d 52m W)
Method: Counting: Watch/Tape recorder