(meteorobs) Ursid radio increase today?

Bruce McCurdy bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Fri Dec 22 14:25:06 EST 2006

Michael B. wrote:

> I was monitoring the Ursids for awhile when the rates
> were a tad low and I was going to stop, but then there
> was an increase in numbers and just wonder if anyone else
> noticed this?

    I have had my home radio detector running since the Geminids, but the
last two days the reception has gone to pot and I have no meaningful data.
Too bad, I had hoped to monitor the predicted outburst of Ursids, but no
luck.

    I did monitor the shower on my car radio while observing last night,
several hours before the max. It seemed there was a fairly decent number of
"hits".

    Bruce
    *****