(meteorobs) Correction to Activity Outlook for 12/29 - 1/4

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Fri Dec 29 14:03:47 EST 2006

In the section discussing the Quadrantids I mistakenly stated that the full
moon will "not rise too high in the southern sky, especially for far
northern observers". This is incorrect as the moon on January 4th will be
located in the constellation of Gemini, not far from the bright star Pollux
(Beta Geminorum). While the altitude of the moon will in fact be less from
far northern latitudes, it will still be located very high in the sky and
will be a major nuisance to Quadrantid observers.

Thanks to Bruce McCurdy for bringing this to my attention.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Robert Lunsford