(meteorobs) Daylight (almost) fireball today in Maryland

Monroe Harden hardenm at sprynet.com
Tue Feb 7 14:17:43 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

While driving to work this morning I saw a bright greenish-white meteor in the south about 5 minutes before sunrise.  It was basically daylight, and it was neat to see a meteor in a sky that bright.

I saw it in Abingdon, MD, USA, near exit 77 of I-95 in Maryland.  I was facing south and saw the bright green fireball start at about 170 degrees azimuth 30 degrees up and it ended at about 180 degrees azimuth and 20 degrees up.  It was visible for about 3 seconds, and left no sound or visible trail as far as I could tell.

I sent in a report using the AMS form on their web site.

Monroe Harden
Havre de Grace, MD