(meteorobs) New Book on Meteors

Bias, Peter V pbias at flsouthern.edu
Thu Feb 9 13:12:39 EST 2006

Hi Mikhail and everyone,
Bob was very kind to endorse my book on meteorobs. I want to publicly
thank him here.
We are currently attempting to get the Contents pages up for view. They
should be up soon along with a small excerpt.
If you would like to ask me questions about the book it would be better
to go off this discussion list (unless you want to tell everyone how
great it is, I guess :-)) and email me at pbias at flsouthern.edu
Thanks for the interest!

Regards,
  Pete Bias

Meteors
> and
> RL> Meteor Showers. If I recall correctly, it has more than ten years
> since the
> RL> last book was written on this subject (by Neil Bone). Peter's book
> does an
> RL> excellent job of bring us up to date in the world of meteorics.
The
> recent
> RL> Leonid return is thoroughly discussed with all the theories and
> results well
> RL> documented. Updated material on stream evolution is also included
and
> well
> RL> illustrated. Actually, when looking at the table of contents, all
> aspects of
> RL> meteorics are included. By jolly, there was even a couple of items
in
> the
> RL> book that were new to me! So this effort is not only for the
beginner,
> but
> RL> will also shed some light on the items we old timers thought we
knew.

> RL> This is the book I wish I had written, but never had the time nor
the
> talent
> RL> to present it in such an organized manner. Meteors and Meteor
Showers