(meteorobs) Leap Second

Woodchuk woodl at telus.net
Sun Jan 1 19:32:30 EST 2006

Skywayinc at aol.com wrote:
> At 6:59:00 UTC I started counting off the seconds while listening to WWV at
> 10 MHz and watching my "home" atomic clock.  When the extra second ticked-off,
> the display held on "59" for an additional second, then proceeded to "00".
> Pretty neat!

Yes and now my trusty Timex is 1.5 seconds fast -- time to adjust it.
The most amazing watch.
Payed $26 over 15 years ago probably closer to 20 yrs. It is on its
third battery, I never take it off , treat quite rough. Original watch
strap. Now I have to reset it instead of waiting another 2 months when I
would normally have to reset to keep within 2 seconds of WWV.

Now watch it will quit:-)

Happy 2006

Larry Wood