(meteorobs) No meteorite in Finland

Pekka Savolainen pekka.savolainen at dlc.fi
Mon Jan 2 10:50:43 EST 2006

    Forwarding this to the list on behalf of Marko Pekkola from URSA
    astronomical association ;

    Dear receivers of this list,

    I am not a member of list and I dont know if my message will reach you,
    but I would like to say a couple of things before something worse
    happens.

    Juhani Harjunharja IS NOT a chair of Ursa Astronomical association
    of Finland (which has 12 700 members). Instead he is running a local
    star
    group in a village high up in Lappland.

    Harjunharja is a school teacher. He is an active, welcomed advocate for
    astronomy teaching in schools. From his statements to the press one
    can (and all of you can) deduct that he just does not happen to know
    deeply this particular special field of astronomy. Somebody has
    invented
    this thing and then the press has asked the local star club leader
    of what
    is this thing. An then at some stage it goes to Reuters or what ever.
    Please imagine the rest.

    There´s already two versions out there. In the other one the
    "crater" is
    50 meters, in the other 300 meters. I am waiting for the one in which
    it has broadened to 30 kilometers (and has wiped out the mankind).

    Best regards,

    Marko Pekkola
    Tähdet ja avaruus
    Ursa astronomical association