(meteorobs) Photographic observation Quadrantid

Geert Barentsen geert at barentsen.be
Tue Jan 3 10:19:46 EST 2006

Hello Geir,

Nice catch. Did he hit you? :-)

I have no experience with astrometry, but I blended IMO's radiant map onto
your image (using the map at http://www.imo.net/calendar/2006/winter). The
meteor seems to be 4 to 5 degrees off IMO's radiant position.

Could this suggest that the Quadrantid radiant is diffuse away from the
maximum as put forward in IMO's shower calendar? How accurate are the given
radiant positions?

Geir, can you tell us something about the duration of the meteor?

Cheers,
Geert