(meteorobs) Quadrantids Point Meteor.

geir oye astrog2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 10:22:40 EST 2006

Hello,

  I have received several emails, regarding labelling this observation properly.
  So here comes a re-phrased version of the previously posted message:

This Point Meteor from the Quadrantids was observed visually and with my camera.

  Given the fact that it is a point meteor implies that you cannot see the "common" trail as most commonly seen on meteor photos. You only see the meteor as a point.

  From what I have read and heard are photographic Point Meteor observations rare.

Please find this observation described on this page: http://www.geocities.com/astrog2
or directly: http://www.geocities.com/astrog2/meteors.htm

All the best,