(meteorobs) Re: Leap Second

Thomas Ashcraft (via Lew Gramer) ashcraft at heliotown.com
Wed Jan 4 14:09:46 EST 2006

Joe and all,

I was able to audio record WWV at the moment of Leap Second and have put
the specimen here.

http://www.heliotown.com/Leap_Second.html

By the way, I had thought the Leap Second had a connection with the Leap
Year but this second is inserted as necessary periodically. Sometimes a
second is also taken back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_second

Thomas Ashcraft