(meteorobs) Quads and Questions

Kim Youmans meteorsga at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 4 16:25:37 EST 2006

 I experience the same dissociation from time to time -- "um, er, didn't I
just see a meteor
a couple minutes ago...?"   Most of my hours are logged on "slow" non-shower
nights and
as Rich noted, it's impossible to keep the mind focused for two straight
hours or longer when there is a decided lack of stimuli
in one's environment!  Let's not forget the mind has a tendency to ignore
"noise,"
be it odor, sound, visual, etc.  Over time, after hundreds of hours of
observing,
a Jungian might be willing to bet that our unconscious is just ignoring
something
it's quite accustomed to.
   Or we could just be getting old.  ;)

>>>I wonder what our peers out there do to keep on the ball?

Calisthenics at 4:00 AM in the midst of a meteor session is NOT my idea
of staying alert but *is* employed by certain Slovenians who
generally have great success with rates.  I'll turn off the radio
and let the forest sounds (and my imagination) return me to
reality -- I'm basically just unarmed bear-bait...

Kim Youmans