(meteorobs) Quads and Questions

Kim Youmans meteorsga at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 7 14:03:11 EST 2006

      For me, even small animals can cause enough distraction
to increase dead-time during a session to "recordable" levels.
My current site is a sandy ridge up on the valley wall of the floodplain
where two rather large
creeks converge to form a 100-acre lake.  There is no shortage of
reptile, mammal, marsupial and avian company at night.
Pogo really seems to like sniffing the truck tires,
and Bambi is often caught in my flashlight, looking
bemused, or maybe it's a look of concern for my sanity.
     The point being, the radio does a good job of driving
the varmints off.  It generally does a poor job of entertaining
me and only once or twice have I been so engrossed by any
given program as to have felt I was ignoring my primary purpose.
I'd play the time signals and not fool was the commercial
wasteland at all if it didn't have such irritating tones!

Kim Youmans