(meteorobs) Atmospheric phenomenon

geir oye astrog2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 18:46:15 EST 2006

Hi,

  Thanks for sharing opinions.

  My thoughts were also nacreous clouds (or another high atmosphere phenomenon), but I am not sure. So I wanted to post the observation here, and see other opinions.

  No clouds in front of the tree. I would hopefully have seen that.  Having said that, the effect of the light through the tree branches looks puzzling. But, I have photographed the sun though trees earlier and have noticed a similar optical effect. If you look at the higher contrast picture you'll see the same effect on the other trees where the sky is bright.

  All the best,
  Geir