(meteorobs) What atmospheric phenomenon is this?

skywise skywise at dslextreme.com
Sun Jan 8 01:35:00 EST 2006

I see these types of pictures all the time. They are usually purported
to be pictures of ghosts or other metaphysical phenomena.

The truth is, it's nothing more than your own breath, or maybe the
smoke from your cigarette (if you smoke), caught in the camera's
flash (or bright light in the immediate area).

If it was cold enough, it could have even been condensed moisture
rising in the heat off your own hand as you held the camera and
drifting in front of the lens.

Even though you posted EXIF info, it seems incomplete. I bet if you
looked at the orignal full EXIF header, you'll see the flash went
off.

Brian
--
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?