(meteorobs) Quads and Questions

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 19:54:51 EST 2006

>>And yes, Kim, being unarmed bear-bait helps a lot, too :)  It would be
interesting to hear stories of wildlife encounters from observers  on the
list!<<

In past years I had some minor encounters with bears in places like  Sequoia
National Park. But at my old observatory, I'd often keep alert due to
Mountain Lion encounters. Had many of them in Southern California. Couple times  had
one in the field with me. My father in law who owned the property at the  time
had on two different occasions a large ram killed by a mountain lion. Later
both lions that did these killings were killed by Fish and Game folks. One
weighed 90 lbs and the other was 130 lbs.
GeoZay