(meteorobs) Lyrids in Springtime

Catlin cat at catlin.force9.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 12:04:05 EST 2006

Hi Michael from Leeds, England here.

I wondered if anyone could furnish me with their Lyrid observations.

In England April is often cloudy and a couple of years ago I saw what I
thought was a Lyrid fireball through a window in the clouds.
It was quite slow and left a thick, huge yellow train.

The date was 21 April 00 at 23.00 BST (I'm a novice and could ask if I
send this e-mail now, what would the universal time be?
Our clocks here have been put back one hour for winter)

It was reminiscent of a car fog-lamp shining through the mist.

Toodle pip,

Michael.