(meteorobs) Forward Scatter : Alert : Sturdust Re-entry

Thomas Ashcraft heliotown27 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 20:13:10 EST 2006

   I would like to alert observers who practice forward scatter radio methods in the far west United States and Canada that the Stardust space capsule will be re-entering Earth's atmosphere January 15, 2006 between 1:56 and 1:59 a.m. PST, ( 0956 and 0959 UT )  It will make a very dynamic radio event.

I posted some information gleaned from    www.spaceweather.com   here:

http://www.heliotown.com/Radio_Fireball_Observatory_SpaceShuttle_reentries.html

I would be interested in anyone's observations and especially audio recordings or spectrographs.  Over the years I have captured some space shuttle re-entries and feel there is a lot of Science that can be produced in this sort of experiment and observation.

  Also : Hear a couple of re-entry audio specimens on the page listed above.

Thomas Ashcraft
ashcraft(at)heliotown.com

  .