(meteorobs) Re: Radio accompaniment

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Wed Jan 11 00:50:58 EST 2006

May I suggest that those observing away from home purchase a portable
re-chargeable battery with built-in jumper cables. This is a device that I
keep in my truck and has come in handy on more than one occasion. I dislike
using my truck to jump people with dead batteries. Instead of using my truck
I simply use this portable battery and it works like a charm. It keeps a
charge for three months and can also power various equipment out in the
field. I purchased mine at the local Costco for $50.

A car radio actually drains very little energy so unless your car battery is
well past its prime, starting your vehicle several times during a watch
would actually drain more energy than it replenishes.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford