(meteorobs) overhead light

Dave Hostetter dehostetter at cox.net
Thu Jan 12 21:44:16 EST 2006

> More annoying in my 2002 car is that there's no off switch for the
> interior white light.  That's a pain for observing on the Downs,
> especially if it affects other astronomers.  There always used to be
> three positions: off, on, and come on/go off when the door is
> opened/closed.

And I thought I was the only one driven crazy by this!  Before you start
taping red filters on your car, though, take a look at the knob that
controls your car's dashboard lights.  The one on my wife's car defeats the
overhead light if I turn the dashboard lights off until the knob clicks into
the off position.  I seldom drive her car so it took me a couple of years to
discover this -- it's not in the manual.  It was a pleasant discovery!

Dave Hostetter