(meteorobs) Re: Lyrids in Springtime

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Sat Jan 14 13:11:16 EST 2006

Michael and All,

I'm not sure exactly how any Lyrid observations would help you. At the time
and location you provided, the Lyrid radiant was low in your northeastern
sky. You need to recall exactly what direction your fireball was moving. If
it was traveling from the northeast then it very well could have been a
Lyrid. If not then it was most likely a sporadic fireball, which are common
that time of year.

I hope this helps!

Robert Lunsford