(meteorobs) Re: Lyrids in Springtime

Catlin cat at catlin.force9.co.uk
Sun Jan 15 11:37:09 EST 2006

Hi Robert (thank you for your reply) and all,

It was travelling towards me from the northeast and possibly travelling
in a south or south-westerly direction.

As it was amazingly thick and bright yellow I assumed it was a Lyrid
fireball.

Before the forthcoming Lyrid period, I would like to know if there are
any new showers between 5 and 12 February as I've heard that at this
time a 'new' meteor shower has occurred in recent years

Cheers and clear skies (in England they have been as grey as a Badger's
ear  for the past ten days)

Michael