(meteorobs) Holding Binoculars steady

Swift, Wesley Wesley.Swift at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 23 11:07:18 EST 2006

 	About a decade ago I came up with a solution for wobbly
binoculars that falls in the "Why didn't my grandfather show me this"
category.   Although I having been showing folks this for a decade, it
is only recently that I have run across folks that already know this
one:

1)  Put on a baseball cap or other hard billed cap right way about.
2)  Raise binoculars to your eyes and squeeze the bill of the cap
between your fingers and the binoculars.
3)  Push back on the cap locking the binoculars to your forehead and
relax:  View is now steady and you can easily hold the eyepieces off
your eyes or glasses for the best pupil match.

	Once you try this it will become automatic.  Easy, comfortable
and effective.  This is proof to me that there are still simple and
"obvious" things waiting to be discovered.

Enjoy!
Wesley Swift