(meteorobs) Stardust Re-entry : follow-up

Thomas Ashcraft heliotown27 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 20:50:44 EST 2006

 To forward scatter meteor observers:

  I am pleased to report at least one successful forward scatter radio observation ( with audio specimen) of the Stardust capsule re-entry January 15, 2006 by Stephen McGreevy in Northern California.

  See  http://www.auroralchorus.com/stardust.htm

It is interesting to note the distinct similarities between Stephen's audio recording and my own space shuttle re-entry recordings at :

  http://www.heliotown.com/Radio_Fireball_Observatory_SpaceShuttle_reentries.html

  I believe there is possible data in these audio observations that could help radio meteor observers distinguish between natural meteors and re-entering manmade debris or spacecraft.

I am still soliciting any other Stardust reentry observations.

  Thank you.

  Thomas Ashcraft
  Radio Fireball Observatory
  ashcraft(at)heliotown.com