(meteorobs) Observation June 30/July 1, 2006 from Slovenia

Javor Kac javor.kac at orion-drustvo.si
Sat Jul 1 07:11:12 EDT 2006

Hi All,

yesterday I took advantage of the very transparent sky and
observed for one hour close to home. Unfortunately the clouds
rolled in at 1 AM local time so I had to quit.
At last I saw a number of meteors that kept me busy most of the
time. Twelwe meteors were recorded with two of them belonging to
the Antihelion radiant. Most were faint but there was a really nice
very fast yellow magnitude -2 meteor from the apex region. It
started in Cygnus, crossed Lyra and ended in Hercules, leaving 3-
second train almost all along its 50-degree long path. This meteor
was also seen by at least two other observers in Slovenia.

Clear skies!
Javor

The Summary: