(meteorobs) Observation July 15/16, 2006 from Slovenia

Javor Kac javor.kac at orion-drustvo.si
Sun Jul 16 07:11:11 EDT 2006

Hi All,
I observed yesterday for an hour before the Moon became too
much of a nuisance. Before I set up the sky was perfectly clear
and very transparent for July. But as soon as I began to set my
equipment a patch of low clouds began to form just to the south of
my observing location. As a result only the sky below 50 deg was
clear in the direction of south and it was mostly clear from the
zenith towards north. So I faced north the entire observation, which
reduced my ability to distinguish ecliptical showers well.
Only little meteor activity was seen during the one-hour
observation. Six meteors in total, but there was a nice Alpha
Capricornid low in the west. Also, an early Perseid was seen
shooting below Polaris.

Clear skies!
Javor

The Summary: