(meteorobs) Meteorites found after the meteor incident last Friday.

Nikola Bilišskov nbilis at irb.hr
Mon Jul 17 05:41:07 EDT 2006

Marco Langbroek wrote:
> The object on the picture indeed looks like a true meteorite!
Yes, finally... Finally one Norwegian sample which has something which
could be fusion crust.
I was very suspicious with last week's event, because "meteorite" looked
just like a rock, indeed with something like "chondrules", but... We all
know very good that it is better to be sceptic than very optimistic with
scientific stuff. We know that a rock without fusion crust cannot be
characterised as meteorite before very complicated chemical and
mineralogical examination.
Nikola