(meteorobs) OT: Help with satellite ID

norman jacobs nbj1232 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 13:39:58 EDT 2006

Go to the local Astronomy Society:   www.pasnola.org  or webmasrer at pasnola.org

Javor Kac <javor.kac at guest.arnes.si> wrote:  Hi Everybody,

as the list is not too busy these days I thought I would ask for help from
the satellite experts here.

On July 17, 2006 at 21h10m UT there was a bright flare recorded from Crni
Vrh observatory (located at lat = 45° 56' 45" N, lon = 14° 04' 16" E, h =
730 m). The image can be seen at
.

I have checked for Iridium and some other brighter satellites but
heavens-above did not return anything close to this event. Does anybody
have a clue what satellite caused the flare?

Many thanks, and clear skies!
Javor

---
Mailing list meteorobs: meteorobs at meteorobs.org