(meteorobs) Could this be cause of my interference?

norman jacobs nbj1232 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 18:58:40 EDT 2006

refer to  www.mccann1.com  or gmcccann at mccann1.com =McCann Electronics.

Michael Boschat <aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:  Hi all:

I use 83.25 MHz for my meteor listening..but still getting interference,
sounds like an old type washing machine "whoosh...whoosh...whoosh..."
Note the wattage for CHNS below...

Radio in Halifax is changing and life on the AM dial will never be
the same as 960 CHNS is abandoning ship for the more lucrative FM band.
CHNS will be moving to 89.9 MHz with an effective radiated power of
100,000 watts.

Also, the university radio station had dropped to 88.1 MHz
**and is a volunteer-run 3200 watt station and I'm 1.5 Km from that site.
The new Hal 88.9 is about 3 km from me.

--
Clear skies

---