(meteorobs) My radio meteor listening days numbered?

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Tue Jul 25 07:37:14 EDT 2006

Hi all:

I did a test by tuning my meteor radio to 83.25, 83.24, and 83.26 MHz
on AM mode and can *just * hear that new 100,000 watt station on
88.9 MHz as a faint choppy sound. I use 83.24 MHz on CW mode and
hear choppy static but no voice or music -- yet.

My other alternative is to drop frequency to 67.25 (Ch.4) but
it seems no-one here in Halifax has a specturm analyzer to tune
my filter to that frequency and to do it by trial and error moving
the filter rod is a long shot.

I'm ( hopefully ) moving Sept.1 back to the "bunker" as I call
it in this building which is on the ground floor facing NW. I don't
know if the radio will get many meteors or eliminate the station a
bit more.

When I move my visual and radio observing may be no more. :(

See what develops.

--

Clear skies