(meteorobs) Observations July 27/28 from Oregon

Wesley Stone wes_stone at lycos.com
Fri Jul 28 14:35:04 EDT 2006

I observed for two hours this morning. Unfortunately, although I didn't have to deal with any light dome from railroad work, there was a lot of sky clutter. Probably smoke from one of the forest fires. Rates were OK the first hour considering this. There was a really nice, long, red -2 Perseid early in the session. South Delta Aquarids were nearly absent during the first hour, but picked up during the second hour. Sky conditions improved during the second hour, but meteor rates took a dive with back-to-back droughts of 14 minutes and 11 minutes. Overall, I saw as many meteors in two hours as I typically see in one hour at this time of the year.

Observer: Wesley Stone (STOWE)
Location: Chiloquin, OR (42d 35m N, 121d 52m W)
Method: Counting: Watch/Tape recorder
Date: 2006 July 27/28

Interval UT   Teff    F     LM   CAP  ANT  NDA  SDA  PER  Spo
0855-0956     1.00   1.00   6.2   3    0    0    1    3    8
0956-1057     1.00   1.00   6.5   1    0    0    5    1    5
---------
Total         2.00   1.00   6.4   4    0    0    6    4   13

Magnitude Distributions
CAP: +1(1), +2(1), +3(1), +4(1)
SDA: 0(1), +2(1), +3(3), +4(1)
PER: -2(1), +3(1), +4(1), +5(1)