(meteorobs) Off Topic So CA

beboutwebb at adelphia.net beboutwebb at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 29 20:50:20 EDT 2006

About 5:25 PDT I was looking SSE up from the horizon about 50 degrees and thought I saw two -2 LM stars.  They were not stars.  My son looked through binoculars and said they were 5 shining things of the same magnitude.  They would stay fixed for many seconds and then move apart or together.  They were not balloons.  About 5:30 my son said 3 looked like Orion's Belt but then parted.  My son said they may have been very high altitude jets but no jet trail.  After about 8 minutes they moved east, independent of each other, not in a line or formation.

I should not be able to see stars at this time of daylight, right?  And satellites sure don't act this way.  Did anyone else see them?

Mrs. Webb
Anaheim, CA USA