(meteorobs) Possible outburst of beta-Perseids

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Mon Jul 31 18:32:35 EDT 2006

Quanzhi and All,

Throughout the years many sub-radiants of the Perseids have often been
reported. One of the most common of these sub-radiants is the Beta Perseids,
which has a radiant in southern Perseus near the famous variable star Algol
(Beta Persei). Therefore the main difference between these meteors and the
normal Perseids is that they seem to line up with Algol, rather than further
north near the Double Cluster.

I hope this helps!

Bob Lunsford