(meteorobs) FW: May 5, 2006 object entry over Southern NewMexico and Far...

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Mon Jun 5 18:54:48 EDT 2006

.>>Event duration was about 9.5 seconds.There was a
Russian  rocket motor that decayed the morning before
but I can not account from  what I have found to this
event being a space junk decay.The media and  some
experts in astronomy said space junk but that seems to
be a  standard answer for most event of this type.<<
The event duration of just 9.5 seconds indicates to me it was a meteor. If
this was space junk decay, I don't understand how come it was of such short
duration and not like lasting over a minute.

>>We are talking about a fireball that was at
least five  degress in diameter with a trail 30 degrees
and an train at least 50  degrees.<<
Lasting only 9.5 seconds and covering that much of sky also seems to be too
fast for decaying space junk. I'm going for a meteor here.
George Zay