(meteorobs) RE: Explosion Observed

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Fri Jun 9 16:21:39 EDT 2006

>From: "Richardson, Terry R." <RichardsonT at cofc.edu>
>
>Bob is right this would be a fantastic brealthrough however there would be
>way to tell if this were a visual GRB because it would be all over the
>news.
>Two of my colleagues at the College of Charelston are big time GRB
>astronomers and they have a telescope in the US Virgin Islands dedicated to
>visual GRB detection. Hedre is how the process works. Within seconds of a
>gammy ray detection by the SWIFT orbiting observatory, pagers all over the
>globe alert participating astronomers to get to an internet connecterd
>computer. The coordinates of the GRB location is emailed to their account
>and they take command of their particular telescope over the internet. No
>matter what the telescope was doing, and no matter who was running it, it
>is
>now under the control of the commands coming over the internet which direct
>it to photograph the suspected area in visible light to detect the GRB
>visible light afterglow. Neat stuff.
>
>If a GRB were as bright as a point meteot, it would not fade all that fast
>and it would be front page news for all the newspapers.
>Almost certainly a GRB was NOT observed.
>
>Clear skies,
>
>Terry Richardson
>Department of Physics and Astronomy
>College of Charleston

Sorry for to answer after many time but I searched data and references on
this topic in my notes and I found this:

http://gcn.gsfc.nasa.gov/gcn3/2944.gcn3

When I wrote my message I want to said that perharps it can to be
a good idea that each one note on a paper each stationary meteor that
he can see with positions and times because it can to be very interesting
record similar data, between they it can to be too GRBs, naturally this type
of events should be very rare probably one time in a life, but because
not to do it?
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli