(meteorobs) Double sonic boom heard?

Skywise skywise at dslextreme.com
Thu Jun 15 02:32:44 EDT 2006

I just heard what sounded like a sonic boom. I live
in the LA area (north Orange County) and have heard
the shuttle a couple times when it's landed at
Edwards. It sounded very much like that. At first
I thought it might have been the fireworks over at
Disneyland, but it's too late for that.

So I next thought it was a bolide. I looked outside,
but saw no leftovers.

So all I have to report is a time in case anything
shows up on any camera's.

My location is 118.0W, 33.8N.

I looked at my computer clock within 5 seconds of
hearing the sound and it said 11:18:11pm. Checking
against time.gov I am fast by 62 seconds, so a more
accurate time would be just seconds after 11:17pm.

My second thought is that someone went mach 1 and
is going to be in big trouble with their CAG when
they land.

The only other comment I can add is it sounded like
it came from the north. I am sitting facing west
with north and south windows open and it was
distinctly louder to my right, which is north.

Another person in the house heard it also.

Brian