(meteorobs) Double sonic boom heard?

Rich Fleetwood rafleet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:41:33 EDT 2006

No one has mentioned this, but the MIL did a test launch of an ICBM
yesterday...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/14/AR2006061400590.html

..and I'm pretty sure these things go supersonic going downrange.

According to the article...

"The missile was launched at 1:22 a.m. and traveled 4,800 miles in about 30
minutes before its three warheads struck targets at the Kwajalein Missile
Range in the western chain of the Marshall Islands, according to a news
release from Vandenberg Air Force Base."

Could these be connected?

Rich

--
--
/* ----- How to contact me ----- */
Richard Fleetwood
2006 New Century Scholar Winner for Wyoming
2nd Team - All-USA Academic Team 2006 (USAToday/PTK)
A.A.S. Computer Networking Tech-WebDevelopment-2006
A.A.S. Electronic Media Production-2005
Award Winning Video Producer -June 2005 Telly Award
Member - CERT, PTK, IAEM, SPJ, UACT, Live Free,
FEMA Certificates - Radiological Emergency Mgt, Emergency Program Mgr.
Student Senate President, Central Wyoming College
Phi Theta Kappa Chapter President
FEMA C.E.R.T. Program Responder
Certified Storm Spotter
Founder/Director - SurvivalRing, Civil Defense Now, MyFalloutShelter.com,
and The Blast Shelter
http://www.survivalring.org (main)
http://www.cosmicechoes.org (blog)
http://www.theblastshelter.com (beginnings)