(meteorobs) Double sonic boom heard?

Rich Fleetwood rafleet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:40:44 EDT 2006

HI Brian,

I've also heard the shuttle coming in...was lucky enough to be in Mojave one
afternoon when it came into Edwards...way back in Spring 2001.  Parked at
the Autozone north of town, I was able to watch through binoculars as it
came into the pattern out of the clouds, and then turned south and come to a
landing and full stop....Sure, it was a fly speck from that distance, but it
WAS the shuttle...so very cool...mark ONE item off my LifeTime ToDo list...

I wasn't sure of your time frame in relation to the test launch time/date so
I thought I'd throw it out there.

Aurora events....very possible.

I'll be watching to see if you find the answer to your quest...

Rich

--
--
/* ----- How to contact me ----- */
Richard Fleetwood
2006 New Century Scholar Winner for Wyoming
2nd Team - All-USA Academic Team 2006 (USAToday/PTK)
A.A.S. Computer Networking Tech-WebDevelopment-2006
A.A.S. Electronic Media Production-2005
Award Winning Video Producer -June 2005 Telly Award
Member - CERT, PTK, IAEM, SPJ, UACT, Live Free,
FEMA Certificates - Radiological Emergency Mgt, Emergency Program Mgr.
Student Senate President, Central Wyoming College
Phi Theta Kappa Chapter President
FEMA C.E.R.T. Program Responder
Certified Storm Spotter
Founder/Director - SurvivalRing, Civil Defense Now, MyFalloutShelter.com,
and The Blast Shelter
http://www.survivalring.org (main)
http://www.cosmicechoes.org (blog)
http://www.theblastshelter.com (beginnings)