(meteorobs) Meteor Observations from Northern Nevada on June 15-16, 2006

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 12:22:40 EDT 2006

I was out last night before the Moon came up observing
meteors. I was mainly looking for June Lyrids, and
plotted each meteor I saw on a gnomic map. I saw one
fourth magnitude meteor that could have been a June
Lyrid.
The following is a record of my observations from last
night.

June 15-16, 2006, Paradise Hill, Nevada, 20 miles
north of Winnemucca, Nevada Longitude 117 degrees, 37'
30" W, Latitude 41 degrees, 15' 0" North

UT Period   Field  Teff   F    LM   JLY   ANT   SPO

5:43-6:52   60ESE  1.03  1.0  6.54   1     1     6

Total Meteors: 8

Magnitude Distribution:

Shower  -3  -2  -1  0  1  2  3  4  5   Average Mag.

JLY                             1           4.0
ANT      1                                 -3.0
SPO                       2     1  3        3.83

Robin Gray
Winnemucca, Nevada
June 16, 2006