(meteorobs) My radio meteor problem

Thomas Ashcraft heliotown27 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 11:53:36 EDT 2006

Mark,

  Thanks for that info on sporadic E.

  Regarding lowband VHF.....do you mean 50-54 MHz carriers will transform to HD? Do you think they will wait until 2009 or has the conversion started already? I was pondering setting my ICOM R-75 up with a yagi for those frequencies.

  I did a lot of forward scatter work at 88-107 MHz FM frequencies in the late 1990s but the FM dial got too full of stations with few useable vacancies. It kept getting tougher to do radio meteor work.

  Clear skies,
  Thomas Ashcraft
  New Mexico

k9gx at thepoint.net wrote:

I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. The analog TV signals on low band VHF
channels are going to go away in 2009. FCC is mandating that stations
transition to "HD". The analog signals will be no more.
Mark S. Williams
Elizabeth, IN