(meteorobs) unofficial observation

Richard Runcie doco12004 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 06:05:37 EST 2006

Went out this morning ( 5:00am local time-EST)with intentions to just test my 10" reflector that I had been working on by observing Jupiter and also to catch the comet. Kept seeing the occasional meteor whicfh was odd because I hadn't seen many in the last month even at this time of the morning. At approx. 09:08 UT I looked up above Jupiter and below the constellation Hercules and observed  approximately 6 meteors in succession pointing to a radiant in this general location. It appeared to far East for it to be from Virgo, more like the Libra/Ophuchus border. Just wondering if anyone observed this activity.

  Rick Runcie NJ